Specific information for WTMC trip leaders going to the lodge
If you are leading a trip to the lodge, here is some extra information you need to be aware of:
The lodge is strictly limited to 32 people. If you require additional accommodation, please contact the Bookings Officer to discuss your needs and which local lodges may have suitable space available.
What you need to do:
- Designate one person on your trip as Lodge Leader for the trip. They will be responsible for the safety briefing, and need to be familiar with the operation of the lodge.
- Confirm final numbers for your trip with the Bookings Officer on the Wednesday evening before the trip. Earlier is preferred.
- Collect your food: In winter the food collection will be at the skifield, in summer it may be in Ohakune. A book of suggested recipes is attached at the bottom of this page.
- Ensure that all guests bring a pillowcase and use it at all times.
What the lodge bookings officer will do for you:
- Order all your food, give you a key and trip manual
- Advise the trip leader of details for food collection
- Contact other local lodges should you require additional accommodation
- Once your booking is confirmed, give instructions on how you can get into the lodge.